- C.T.O. = Cyprus Tourism
- Driving Is on the left side of the road.
- Between 1300-1600 hrs is
- The International Airports are at Larnaka and
- Centrally located banks
special afternoon facilities for tourists.
Cyprus pound is divided into 100 cents.
240V A C
throughout the island, Sockets outlets
and sockets of flat 3 pin type are used.
- The population of Cyprus
- A small tip in restaurants taxis etc is always welcome.
- The typical take
away is "souvlaki
stin pitta"-kebab in a special envelope - type.
- Nearly all drug and medicines
availabie on the
- "Lefkaritika" is the local embroidery.
- It is forbidden
to remove antiquities
from the bottom of the
- In Cyprus there are 127 endemic flower
varieties, that is growing nowhere else in the
world but in
- The Tourist Information
office at Larnaka Airport provides 24hrs service 365
- Cyprus is a member
- "Commandaria" is the local sweet
- The transurban
shared taxis connecting all main towns (only during day
- Hallourmi: Is the
local cheese. It can be served plain or
- No vaccination is required
for any International
- All the publications (maps, leaflets
etc) provided by CTO are distributed free
- The Supermarket basket in Cyprus is considered among the cheapest in
shops are closed on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons.
- Dhekelia (east of
Akrotiri-Episkopi (west of
Limassol) are the two British bases in Cyprus.
shorts and wear suitable clothing when
you are visiting
churches and Monasteries.
- More than 30
airlines connect Cyprus directly with most European and Middle
- The town of Pafos
is included in the official Unesco list of Cultural Heritage.
- If you drive
a car in Cyprus do not
hesitate to use the "horn" if required, (not during night time).
- The tap water is
- The average day temperature in summer is 32 C and In winter 16 C.
telephone dialling system reaches over 184 countries.
- Easter is the main religious
feast in Cyprus.
Drama in an ancient theater is a memorable experience.
minutes after sunset darkness has
average sea temperature in April is 18.6 C and in
October 25 C.
- "Koulouri" is the typical
sesame bread, excellent with
not forget your sunglasses while in Cyprus. They are indispensable
due to the intense brightness of our
- The Cypriots wear summer clothes (short sleeves and sandals) from
are two Marinas in Cyprus, one in Larnaka and one in
- Accommodation with local families does not exist in
- Due to the mild
Northern European athletes and football teams use Cyprus as their training
most important Museums of
the island are in Nicosia.
- On Sundays petrol stations are open on a
rotation basis. Most petrol stations provide
twenty-four hours service either by attendance service or by
- Citizens from most of the European
countries, U S A, Canada, Australia, Japan etc
can enter Cyprus
with a valid passport and do not require a
- Cyprus occupies one of the
highest places internationally in terms of
- There is no limit on bringing in
cheques, travellers cheques and other negotiable
- Amount of foreign exchange in excess
of the equivalent of US 1000 dollars should be declared at the
- Flying time: From London
is 5 hours, from Frankfurt 4 hrs, from Bahrain 2 hrs 35 minutes, from
Stockhuolm 4 1/2
- Parakalo means: please.
- Kalimera means: goodmorning.
- Metrios: is
the local coffee
- Efharisto: means thank you.